Co-Founder/Partner - Curriculum Writer
Salary + Equity
What is Launch Code After School?
Launch Code After School wants to train the next generation of software engineers to build the next Twitter or Facebook. Launch is an after school program designed to teach kids ages 7-14 to learn to code in an interactive, in-person format. Students come in 2x a week and are assigned 30 minutes of daily homework. Students move through our curriculum at their own pace with the help of our friendly guides. Launch is started by a serial entrepreneur from the adult coding bootcamp space (MakerSquare acquired by Hack Reactor), a Curriculum Director who was a Computer Science Teacher in Eanes ISD, a serial entrepreneur from the e-learning space, and a technology finance professional.
What is the Position?
- Assist/Lead curriculum design and development for our summer camp and flexible, daily learning programs
- Build compelling gamified curriculum to keep students engaged
- Teach the curriculum that is built for our summer camp and drop-in learning programs
- Coordinate with our team in Spain on product specs while they develop our learning management system
Our Ideal Candidate
- Completed Immersive bootcamp 3+ years ago or has already worked as an engineer somewhere else in a Mid/Sr. Engineer Capacity
- Has had startup experience/has aspirations with a solid track record of being part of another tech startup
- Working hard is in their DNA. Does not know what a 9-5 workday even means
- Eager to work in an entrepreneurial environment while wearing several hats
- Has siginficant node.js experiance, SQL/relational database experinace, Python and Django experiance, Amazon Web Services, and can manage deployments and system administration
If this is you, tell us why you'd be a great addition to the Launch Code After School team by sending us your resume and cover letter today!